About the Company: Third-party Logistics company is looking for Procurement Manager in Port Coquitlam, BC or Woodbridge, ON. They are looking for individuals that would like to create a fast-paced, professional, growing environment. You will facilitate the pricing and carrier development of the company. You will be the one to complete pricing and build carrier relationships within their Logistics division to achieve the effective distribution of goods.
Type: Permanent, Full-Time, On-Site
- Maintain professional communication with leaders throughout the RFQ process on cost strategies and to ensure best pricing is presented in each proposal
- Negotiate freight rates with carriers for domestic and cross-border TL and LTL, rail, road, air.
- Work closely with leaders and business development departments to develop compliant cost/price strategies and proposals
- Research and track competitor pricing and market trends
- Grow and maintain existing and new carrier or customer relationships
- Respond quickly to spot quotes
- Grow revenues through competitive carrier costs and relationships
- Minimum five years of logistics experience in the transportation industry
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Extensive network and excellent knowledge of cross-border and domestic carriers in the western Canada region
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to build rapport with both carriers and customers
Please include references (if available).
Tamm Recruiter Inc.